22 May Memorial Weekend Celebration Ideas (Quarantine-Approved)
- Write a Letter to a Soldier (Check out Operation Gratitude!)
- Watch a Patriotic Movie
- Go on a Bike Ride (May is National Bike Month)
- Create Patriotic Chalk Art
- Take a Moment of Silence (The National Moment of Remembrance, is a minute-long pause meant to raise awareness and commemorate those who served. It is observed at 3:00pm local time on Memorial Day.)
- Donate Flowers (If there isn’t a veteran cemetery near you, you can sponsor flowers through the Memorial Day Flowers Foundation. Volunteers lay out blooms on fallen heroes gravesite’s across 40 cemeteries nationwide.)
And of course… FLY YOUR FLAGS!
We are spreading some love this holiday weekend by writing letters to our deployed servicemen and women via Operation Gratitude. It’s such an amazing program that is available year-round. We “commissioned” some of our favorite kiddos to join in on the love with their drawings and special words of appreciation.
Take a moment this weekend and join us!